Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 23rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Kids' Menu
- Late-Night Dining
- Delivery after 10pm
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
The boys in blue who flood the place from the nearby police academy relish the ingrained grittiness of this place. Sure, the staff can be curt, the pink-and-gray laminated booths have seen better days, and—despite a strong scent of disinfectant—the floor can get grimy. This place is an institution. Much of the menu seems as if it hasn’t changed since the spot opened in 1978, and diner standards are here in force: triple-decker sandwiches, foamy milk shakes, and overcooked burgers and fries alongside “diet delights” involving liberal applications of cottage cheese. There are also a couple dozen Greek and Italian dishes, notably the hybrid “spaghetti Greek style” with chicken and shrimp. Anything involving pastry dough is made with a heavy hand—the potpies lie under thick blankets of crust and the dessert pies are, shall we say, sturdily encased. For all Cosmos’ rough edges, the police cruisers idling outside make this diner as safe as you can imagine.Recommended Dishes
Tuna melt, $6.45; milk shake, $2.80; cheesecake, $3.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu