The Creek and The Cave
Mon-Thu, 11am-11pm; Fri, 11am-midnight; Sat, 1pm-midnight; Sun, 1pm-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
7 at Vernon Blvd.-Jackson Ave.; E, M at Court Sq.-23rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Delivery after 10pm
- Full Bar
Long Island City, Greenpoint
Only a hop, skip, and a stumble from Vernon Boulevard is a spot where everything converges (not just the L.I.E., Jackson Avenue, and the Pulaski Bridge). The Creek is a cross between an artist hangout, frat-boy playground, and hipster lounge. Open-mic, theatrical performances and live music acts occur in the makeshift theater upstairs. Downstairs are brewskis and fluffy couches for the conversationally inclined. When it gets too hot inside, retire to the outdoor patio. Just ignore the enormous pit next door—courtesy of the Long Island Railroad. Check the schedule for DJs and live music, and a full Mexican grill serves lunch and dinner daily.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu