Curry in a Hurry
Wed-Mon, noon-11pm; Tue, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 28th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
14th St. to 42nd St., First Ave. to Ninth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This Curry Hill favorite has been so talked up by its admirers that it is something of a shock to see the place for what it is—a mediocre, albeit idiosyncratic curry joint. If you enjoy the chop-chop Soup Nazi manner of service, perhaps you too will become a disciple. Customers are briskly herded through a cafeteria-style line for food that’s not good enough to justify the rough-around-the-edges (and not in the charming way) service. Nor is it tasty enough to distract you from the mess upstairs that is the dining area, which is in sore need of rehabilitation, or at least the occasional clean-up. Also upstairs is the complimentary salad bar where one can fill up on lemon slices, cucumbers, and iceberg lettuce. Clearly meant to be a perk, the sloppy arrangement is more of a turnoff. Still, if the chicken curry, for instance, were a cut above your standard takeout, this eatery could be a diamond in the rough. Instead, it’s just a hole in the wall.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu