Sun-Thu, 5pm-10pm; Fri-Sat, 5pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F, M at 14th St.; 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Broadway to Hudson St., 10th St. to 16th St.
When hungry in the West Village with a hankering for Italian, do as the locals do and hightail it to Da Andrea. Each day, Chefs Andrea Vecchietti and Gian Pietro Branchi whip up homemade focaccia, pasta and specialties from Bologna and its neighbor Modena. Immediately request a round of tigelle: flat buns baked upon order and served piping hot with fresh prosciutto and Parmesan cheese for stuffing inside. The ravioli with veal, prosciutto and mushrooms stands out among the pastas, while the lamb shank, paired with cannellini beans and vegetables, is a steal. All this home cooking occurs in an appropriately casual and friendly setting. Whimsical paintings hang on white stucco walls and small spotlights emit a bright, pleasant glow. Though the narrow space doesn't qualify as claustrophobic, tables are packed in close and diners may find themselves eyeing the choice corner spot near floor-to-ceiling French windows. Summer brings some relief, as dining spills onto the sidewalk where five tiny tables sit below a sunny yellow and blue awning. No matter the season, plan on a wait for a table and a return trip.Note
Reservations are accepted only for parties of four or more.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s