Da Enzo Ristorante
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 42nd St.-Port Authority Bus Terminal
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Beer and Wine Only
29th St. to 49th St., Seventh Ave. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
It’s not that former Bussola co-owner Enzo Cammarata’s new restaurant, ensconced in the back of Manganaro’s Heroboy, isn’t an unexpectedly elegant find. It’s not that the spaghettini Siracusana isn’t delectable. And it’s not that the wine list and the old-world service aren’t terrific too. It’s just that the man’s gelato—based on his father’s exacting recipe—is so mind-numbingly good, it’s hard to focus on anything else. (Try the nocciola if you’re a hazelnut freak; even better is the affogato made with the ricotta flavor.) “Nobody beats us in gelato,” explains Cammarata, with the air of a man who is simply stating the facts, such as they are. “Even the guy from Il Laboratorio, Snyder, he says, ‘Your gelato is the best.’ He said this to my face.”
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu