- READER REVIEWS
Dalton's Seaside Grill
Wed-Thu, noon-9pm; Fri-Sat, noon-midnight; Sun-Mon, noon-9pm; Tue, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
A, S at Beach 105th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Kids' Menu
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
Dalton’s Seaside Grill replaced the 39-year-old ship-themed steakhouse Gallagher’s Snug Harbor out in Rockaway Park. The owner, Sean Dalton, worked at the previous establishment as a kid. I’m one of twelve kids, and the majority of us worked for Frank Gallagher, he tells us. Fans of Snug Harbor’s roast-beef sandwich need not fret it’s sticking around along with many other favorites, but the offerings have also expanded to include, for instance, Kobe beef mini-burgers as well as other hamburgers, including a build-your-own option. Appetizers include baked clams, crispy calamari, mussels, and crab cakes. There are soups (a Jack Daniels onion soup, for example) and salads (a Stilton wedge and more). And of course, there are steaks as well as seafood entrées (seared sea scallops, Scottish salmon, jumbo-shrimp scampi, and a stuffed fillet of sole).
- Scientists âPretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu