- READER REVIEWS
Tue-Fri, 4pm-11pm; Sat, 10am-11pm; Sun, 10am-9pm; Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
Broadway to 12th St., Lorimer St. to Kent Ave.
This venue is closed.
This soul fusion restaurant fills up a converted warehouse. Outside, large spirals of black iron decorate the front windows, while inside, heavy red-velvet curtains extend from floor to ceiling, and large works of graffiti art adorn the walls. Dinners begin with complimentary corn bread and end with candy and the check. Chicken-fried steak, chili-glazed chicken and baby-back ribs come with a choice of solid standards like spicy collard greens, succotash, cheese grits, sweet-potato fries, and macaroni and cheese with bacon. Sandwiches are somewhat lighter, though barbecue-sauce slathered pulled pork overflows from its bun, and the burger (or veggie burger) gets a smoky kick from chili ketchup. For dessert, the peach cobbler is the made here daily and arrives warm with vanilla-bean ice cream and house-whipped Cabot’s Vermont cream. You can bring your own booze to spike sweet drinks like raspberry limeade; the liquor store is two blocks away.Recommended Dishes
Pulled pork sandwich, $10; sweet potato fries, $4.50; raspberry limeade, $3.50
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s