David Burke at Bloomingdale’s
Mon-Fri, 11am-9pm; Sat, 10:30am-9pm; Sun, 10:30am-7:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 59th St.; N, Q, R at Lexington Ave.-59th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
David Burke, veteran chef and inventor of the Cheesecake Pop and the Smoked Bacon Flavor Spray, is almost as well known for his zany packaged foods as for his whimsical, inventive cooking at David Burke Townhouse. The culinary showman gets yet another stage at Bloomingdale's, a two-part operation along the 59th Street corridor. The Burke Bar Café is open for self-service breakfasts, morphing into a café at lunch and wine bar at night, with a list heavy on half bottles and fifteen selections by the glass. Expect such Burkisms as "cheeseburker" sliders, pastrami salmon sandwiches, filet mignon, and lobster dumplings—most of which will also be available to go next door at Burke in the Box.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu