- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Chef
- Notable Wine List
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
De Santos is the fourth location of a proliferating chainlet and the joint venture, in part, of a Cuban-Colombian drummer, his Mexican-Italian brother-in-law, and two Italian veterans of Savanna's in Southampton. The restaurant group originated in Mexico, as did Alex González's Latin rock band, Maná. But that provenance isn't reflected in De Santos' modern Italian menu, which resembles Savanna's and includes dishes like roasted Long Island duck, almond-crusted lamb chops, and cavatelli with mussels and cannellini beans (pictured; entrées $19 to $29). Occupying the basement and ground floors of the Greenwich Village brownstone that previously housed Caffé Torino, De Santos is equipped with a patio, an international wine list, and the all-important sound systemóbecause according to partner Luis Miguel Amutio, "Food tastes better with music."
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More