Deborah—Life Love Food
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.; 1 at Houston St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
Canal St. to 14th St., Lafayette St. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
After legitimizing hemp as a cooking ingredient at Galaxy, taking an Asian-tropical detour to Miami at Chow, and grilling Korean barbecue at Woo Lae Oak, chef Deborah Stanton (pictured, with partner David Oh) turns her attention to what she calls modern American comfort food. Mini meat loaf and pork chops are a given, but plundering the global larder for beer-battered fish and chips and a Cuban sandwich doesn't make her the least bit uncomfortable.Brunch
Sat.—Sun., 11 a.m.—4 p.m.; $15, prix-fixeRecommended Dishes
Cheeseburger with roasted tomato, chipotle mayo, and hand-cut fries, $12; beer-battered fish and chips, $13; shrimp and avocado salad, $16; Australian lamb tenderloin, $22; seared halibut en papillote, $24
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages