Deborah—Life Love Food
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.; 1 at Houston St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
Canal St. to 14th St., Lafayette St. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
After legitimizing hemp as a cooking ingredient at Galaxy, taking an Asian-tropical detour to Miami at Chow, and grilling Korean barbecue at Woo Lae Oak, chef Deborah Stanton (pictured, with partner David Oh) turns her attention to what she calls modern American comfort food. Mini meat loaf and pork chops are a given, but plundering the global larder for beer-battered fish and chips and a Cuban sandwich doesn't make her the least bit uncomfortable.Brunch
Sat.—Sun., 11 a.m.—4 p.m.; $15, prix-fixeRecommended Dishes
Cheeseburger with roasted tomato, chipotle mayo, and hand-cut fries, $12; beer-battered fish and chips, $13; shrimp and avocado salad, $16; Australian lamb tenderloin, $22; seared halibut en papillote, $24
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More