Mon-Sat, 6am-4pm; Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Smith-9th Sts.
- No Alcohol
Whatever you do, don’t ask for a panino. The substantial specimens at this old-school sandwich shop are known as heros, and they’re served longshoreman style, in outsize, time-tested combos like potato-and-egg, meatball, and roast-beef-mozzarella-and-fried-eggplant.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More