- READER REVIEWS
It may be a far cry from the snowy linen and gleaming silver of the legendary Delmonico's Steak House, but the copious international smorgasbord turned out at this busy deli suits diners who don't have the time to actually dine, and instead choose to grab their lunch on the fly. Corporate escapees in ID-tag necklaces line up at the hot and cold salad bars to heap their containers with pasta and seafood salads, fried plantains, lo mein, shrimp gumbo, broccoli tempura, fresh fruit, and roasted brussels sprouts and beets. And with good reason: You could get lunch to go here for six straight months and never eat the same thing twice. Custom-mixed greens can be had with any of a dozen dressings at the create-your-own tossed salad station. The shop's sandwich counter grills panini, filled with honey-glazed turkey and nutty Jarlsberg, or fresh mozzarella, arugula, and sundried tomato. If you've no time to spare, a box of fresh-made, pre-packaged sushi, with choices ranging from simple avocado or tuna rolls to 12-piece dragon rolls, may be your ticket. The deli whips up great, tasty breakfasts, too, and if you're inclined, you can get a week's worth of Boar's Head cold cuts while you're there.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu