Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, M at 47th-50th Sts.-Rockefeller Center
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Business Lunch
- Theater District
- Full Bar
37th St. to 57th St., Park Ave to Ninth Ave.
This venue is closed.
The large, multi-chambered Turkish spot is ornate in a distinctly pre-theater way: In the mezzanine lounge, walls are accented with dramatic sconces; on the ground floor, a mural painted with the words “The Show Must Go On!” hangs behind the long, mahogany bar. The dinner menu is clearly priced for the theater crowd, though dishes, once ordered, are slow to arrive at the table. But the food’s quite satisfying once delivered. Especially good are appetizers like lemon-and-basil-infused yogurt cacik (akin to Greek tzatziki); dolmas stuffed with spinach and ground pine nuts; and hearty, nicely spiced red lentil soup. The entrees are less consistent, so it’s best to stick to lamb dishes like traditional doner and hunkar begendi, cubes of meat in a baba ghanoush-style puree of eggplant and roasted tomato.Recommended Dishes
Red lentil soup, $6.50; Saray-style lemon cacik, $6.50; Traditional doner, $16.75
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu