- READER REVIEWS
Despaña Fine Foods and Tapas Cafe
Mon-Fri, 10am-7pm; Sat, 11am-7pm; Sun, 11am-6pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Spring St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
State St. to 110th St., FDR Dr. to West Side Hwy.
Spanish imports store Despaña has long served some of the best sandwiches in town, but until now there’s only been one small table upon which to spill the crumbs; however, the store busted through a wall and expanded into the former Calypso space. They’ve added three communal tables in the back of the room (each seating 6–8) and the space next door is their sister wine store. Since Despaña doesn’t have a kitchen, the current menu of tapas, salads, and sandwiches won’t change much, but you’ll at least be able to pair your tortilla with a beer or wine and enjoy churros con chocolate starting for breakfast.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu