- READER REVIEWS
Dessert Studio at Chocolat Michel Cluizel
This venue is closed.
Before envelope-pushing pastry chef Will Goldfarb teamed up with Manhattan entrepreneur Richard Perl, you’d never expect phrases like Michel Cluizel chocolate and sodium alginate to appear in the same sentence. But the twain might actually meet at Perl’s Cluizel boutique at ABC Carpet & Home. As at the now-shuttered Room4Dessert, where Goldfarb served whimsies named Virtuality and You Sunk My Battleship, the chef will concoct inventive desserts at the seven-stool bar, open till midnight Thursday through Saturday. Cluizel chocolate is the unifying theme in dishes like Indonesian-vanilla ice cream with 85 percent–cacao chocolate bits and American sturgeon caviar (pictured), and warm chocolate bubbles with espresso Jell-O and fresh milk foam. Goldfarb has stocked the shelves with new products, too, like Terzi coffees from Bologna, his WillPowder line of chemicals for the home cook (from glycerin flakes to methylcellulose), and baked goods from Seth Greenberg, son of William Jr., and heir to the Manhattan fudge-brownie throne.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GĂĽnter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama