Diablo Royale Este
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
Much like the original West Village location, Jason Hennings’s new Mexican “saloon,” Diablo Royale Este, will traffic in such familiar fare as tacos and fajitas. But the East Village outpost is twice the size, with a downstairs bar and a 30-seat garden. That’s where chef Peter Klein will use a roasting box called La Caja China to cook large-format specials like spit-roasted suckling pig prepared two ways: pibil (achiote-marinated and wrapped in banana leaves) or al pastor (spice-rubbed with pineapple), each going for $40 a person with sides. A few menu additions are meant to reflect the European Colonial influence, like croque monsieur chimichangas stuffed with ham, and Chihuahua and Gruyère cheeses. And the so-called basement bordello will offer a roster of new cocktails, including Le Colonial (mezcal, Champagne, and Aperol).
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu