Sun-Thu, 6pm-11pm; Fri-Sat, 6pm-11:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.; L at First Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
You might expect a place with a Japanese owner (Tadao Mori, of Restaurant Lan), a Japanese architect (Hiromi Tsuruta), and a Japanese chef to serve, well, Japanese food. But Dieci confounds expectations with a name that means “ten” in Italian and a chef who worked at Fiamma Osteria and San Domenico in Imola long enough to become culinarily fluent. The menu is as streamlined as the 23-seat subterranean space (formerly occupied by Miss Williamsburg Portavia), with a selection of cheese and salumi, pastas like garganelli with lamb Bolognese, and the occasional Eastern accent, like the wasabi veal stock he uses for his filet mignon, served with fingerling potatoes and crispy onions.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More