Tue-Sat, 5:30pm-10pm; Sun-Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 28th St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Hot Spot
- Notable Chef
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
After an extended warm-up at the downstairs cafe, Country's Geoffrey Zakarian opened the restaurant's upstairs dining room, with its open kitchen, glassed-in meat-curing room, and a couple of minor modifications to the original plan. The $105 four-course prix-fixe menu still changes every day. But Zakarian, wary perhaps of New Yorkers' persnicketiness, has thought better of serving one set meal family style. By greeting guests with a champagne cocktail and amuses, he still hopes to capture a dinner-party spirit, but his opening menu offered four choices per course, from the simple to the sophisticated. You can lead a diner to truffle-roasted sweetbreads, it seems, but you can't make him eat.Prix-Fixe Menu
Three courses, $75; four courses, $89; tasting menu, $135.
The David Rockwell–designed bi-level restaurant, helmed by Shlomo Kashy, can accommodate 300 for a ceremony under the Tiffany-stained-glass dome, with cocktails in the Champagne lounge and after-party in the coolly rustic café. Prices upon request.
Spit roast chicken, $105 prix-fixe
New York Magazine Reviews
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s