Mon, 6:30am-10:30am and noon-2pm; Tue-Fri, 6:30am-10:30am, noon-2pm and 5pm-10pm; Sat, 7am-11am and 5pm-10pm; Sun, 7am-11am
Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, M at 47th-50th Sts.-Rockefeller Center; N, Q, R at 49th St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Theater District
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
In an area of Manhattan where many restaurants can't seem to resist puttin' on the ritz, District keeps its Broadway references mercifully understated. Framed in proscenium archways, the David Rockwell-designed restaurant pairs dimmed footlights and stylized backstage fly ropes with olive and gray suede walls, leather banquettes, and Chilewich placemats. It's an oasis of calm just east of Times Square's frenzy. Adding to the mellow mood are the sounds of Dido, Ella, Madonna, and Sarah Vaughan. Patricia Williams, who took over the role of chef in 2006, delivers an ingredient-driven menu of seasonal American bistro fare. Cozy soups and sandwiches and thoughtfully crafted salads, small plates, and entrees utilize top-shelf ingredients. Tucked in back of the restaurant is District's cocktail sanctum, the tiny, luminously gold-red mini-bar.Extra
Who cares if you've got tickets; eat early and make use of District's three-course pre-theater deal, every evening but Sunday between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. for $45.
Only wine and beer are served in the dining room, though a full range of cocktails are available in the Mini Bar, open Mon.—Sat., 4 p.m.—11 p.m.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’