Diva Restaurant and Bar
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at Canal St.; 1 at Canal St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Late-Night Dining
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
With neither the soul of an Aretha nor the serious drama of a Mariah, Diva's patron saint should probably be the country-pop queen Shania. Buzzing with girl groups in BCBG who like sipping Stardust martinis to a Gipsy Kings soundtrack, Diva’s had a little cosmetic surgery over the years. Who hasn’t? So how nice to report that the slightly Goth look—chunky iron-framed mirrors, velvet curtains, and a copper bar backlit with flickering candles and scarlet spotlights—has worn surprisingly well. A separate bar menu of bruschetta, calamari and Mediterranean burgers snugly fits the Eurovision mood. Shania's breakout hit started with the lyric, "Looks like we made it, look how far we've come my baby..." After more than a decade on the scene, Diva knows that song by heart.Brunch
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu