Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.; E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Full Bar
43rd St. to 53rd St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Diwan (meaning “honor” in Hindi) lacks for ambience, but the dull setting doesn't detract from the great tandoori specialties. If you're lucky, you might get to taste the lemony, charcoal-crisped squares of tandoori halibut, or a tiny, melting portion of quail, served on a banana leaf and smothered in a pale orange-colored sauce flavored with saffron and coriander.Recommended Dishes
Quail, $7.95; butter chicken, $18.95; tandoori halibut, $23.95; cheese dumplings, $14.95
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu