Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
Not enough fans of solid bistro food were beating down the doors at Django. The cure? Let the ground floor morph into a lounge. At 4 p.m., a beer-and-Cosmo-swilling mass of jabbering young suits (both sexes) claims every upholstered sofa and tuffet. Head outside to a hedge-framed alfresco annex for seriously good tapas and appetizers, and for me, a life-extending German Pinot Noir. Django's chef does well with spicy Mediterranean dips to spread on herbed flatbread, and tuna tartare with green apple in yuzu.Recommended Dishes
New York Magazine Reviews
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu