Mon-Sat, 11am-11:30pm; Sun, 11am-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at 8th St.-NYU; 6 at Astor Pl.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
Dojo is perfect for people who like Asian food but can't handle some of those crazy Asian ingredients. The bland favorites of cash-conscious NYU students offer noodles, rice, tofu, and vegetables (mostly carrots and broccoli) in vaguely Asian combinations (rice stir-fried with vegetables, noodles stir-fried with vegetables) and Western adaptations (tofu whipped into a garlicky dip, soy burgers). Meat does, occasionally creep into the picture—in the form of actual hamburgers, curry beef yakisoba, and a seafood noodle soup—but it’s handled in the same slapdash manner as everything else. Even the cafeteria meets rec room decor lacks originality and flavor (though it was recently renovated). What should you do if you get roped into a meal here? Scoop up some Dojo dip (tofu, miso, and garlic) with a toasted pita point, down a pint of Bass or Kirin, and savor this thought: With all the money you save here, you can splurge at Le Cirque next weekend.Brunch
Sat.—Sun., 11:30 a.m.—4 p.m.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl