Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Notable Chef
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
As far as Donatella Arpaia was concerned, her first restaurant, Bellini, might have been a success, but it didn’t reflect her personality—not in the trendy, buzzy way that her subsequent ventures (davidburke&donatella and Ama) did. So she hired a designer to give the stodgy midtown spot a bright white face-lift and zebra-print carpet, partnered with Onera chef Michael Psilakis, and reopens this week as Dona, an upscale southern-European restaurant. Each raised on Long Island by immigrant parents, Arpaia and Psilakis have collaborated on what they call first-generation cuisine—a blend of her Italian heritage and his Greek one, expressed in dishes like sea-urchin crudo with burrata, caviar, and fava-bean purée, and spaghetti with eggplant-and-lamb "Bolognese."
New York Magazine Reviews
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s