Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Notable Chef
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
As far as Donatella Arpaia was concerned, her first restaurant, Bellini, might have been a success, but it didn’t reflect her personality—not in the trendy, buzzy way that her subsequent ventures (davidburke&donatella and Ama) did. So she hired a designer to give the stodgy midtown spot a bright white face-lift and zebra-print carpet, partnered with Onera chef Michael Psilakis, and reopens this week as Dona, an upscale southern-European restaurant. Each raised on Long Island by immigrant parents, Arpaia and Psilakis have collaborated on what they call first-generation cuisine—a blend of her Italian heritage and his Greek one, expressed in dishes like sea-urchin crudo with burrata, caviar, and fava-bean purée, and spaghetti with eggplant-and-lamb "Bolognese."
New York Magazine Reviews
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu