- READER REVIEWS
This venue is closed.
Need every cheesesteak, by definition, be Philly-style? Not according to George Doneson, who with his partner Ron True opened Dopey Benny's, a proudly provincial New York–style cheesesteak dispensary. The City of Brotherly Love might be known for its gooey grease bombs, but, says Doneson, "basically they all taste the same." To stand out from the rapidly proliferating pack, Dopey’s—named for the infamous Jewish gangster and local legend, Benjamin Fein—serves multiethnic renditions like Korean, southern barbecue, Italian, and Mexican, with chicken or tofu alternatives to the basic beef. And rather than the behemoths available elsewhere, Dopey Benny’s steaks are miniature and come three for $6, or get one Big Boy for the same price.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu