- READER REVIEWS
This venue is closed.
Until recently, Korean food has largely evaded the fusion treatment afforded Japanese and Thai cuisines, maintaining its sometimes intimidating insularity. Not so at D’or Ahn, a concrete-fronted nook of a restaurant nestled between Tía Pol and an Exxon gas station in West Chelsea. Owner Lannie Ahn takes a modern approach to the décor, with its industrial metal mesh and concrete-slab bar, and to the food. Korean-American chef Rachel Yang, late of Alain Ducasse and Per Se, marries Korean flavors to French technique in dishes like pepper-crusted rib eye with oxtail ragoût and mung-bean cake.
Late-Night Dining: Small-plate menu, Tue-Sat, 11pm-2am
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s