- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Sat, 11am-10pm; Sun, 11am-9pm
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
The cheap tacos at this brightly colored order-at-the-counter café make for a good snack after a night at the bars in Greenwich Village or a trip to the Strand. The Boston-based mini-chain specializes in Baja-style fish tacos, but it offers steak, chicken, shrimp, chorizo, and vegetarian varieties as well. Most of the options are adequate, though not particularly inventive or superbly executed. For a more filling meal, order one of the seven grilled flour quesadillas, like the nicely spiced chorizo and salsa. The Dorado Chopped salad, which mixes romaine with shredded green cabbage, scallions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and chunks of watermelon, offers a healthy crunch. Soda fans will be thankful for authentic Mexican Coke and several varieties of Jarritos. For something harder, there’s a selection of Mexican beers.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu