Dos Toros Taqueria
Mon, 11:30am-10:30pm; Tue-Fri, 11:30am-11am; Sat, noon-11pm; Sun, noon-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Brothers Leo and Oliver Kremer bring San Francisco flavor to New York with Dos Toros Taqueria, an homage to their Bay Area childhood favorite. The place is pretty much always busy, but the line moves quickly and efficiently. Choose a burrito, taco, quesadilla, salad, or “plato” (a burrito without the tortilla), and pick from four choices of filling: carnitas (pork), pollo asado (chicken), carne asada (steak), or the slightly cheaper basic (rice and black or pinto beans). Juicy carnitas are by far the standout, while the grilled chicken and steak are drier, but still flavorful. The burrito, taco, and notably, the quesadilla, are all strong in their execution, well sized, and hold together. It costs extra to add freshly made guacamole, but it’s well worth it.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu