Dos Toros Taqueria
Mon, 11:30am-10:30pm; Tue-Fri, 11:30am-11am; Sat, noon-11pm; Sun, noon-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Brothers Leo and Oliver Kremer bring San Francisco flavor to New York with Dos Toros Taqueria, an homage to their Bay Area childhood favorite. The place is pretty much always busy, but the line moves quickly and efficiently. Choose a burrito, taco, quesadilla, salad, or “plato” (a burrito without the tortilla), and pick from four choices of filling: carnitas (pork), pollo asado (chicken), carne asada (steak), or the slightly cheaper basic (rice and black or pinto beans). Juicy carnitas are by far the standout, while the grilled chicken and steak are drier, but still flavorful. The burrito, taco, and notably, the quesadilla, are all strong in their execution, well sized, and hold together. It costs extra to add freshly made guacamole, but it’s well worth it.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s