Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at Spring St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Hot Spot
- Outdoor Dining
- Design Standout
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Just try to keep a low profile at Downtown Cipriani. Full visibility is afforded by a loft-like space, open front doors, and a heated sidewalk area that allows outdoor people-watching to take place much longer than the seasons deem possible. Judging by the copious show of skin on any given day, it's clear that this is the "young" version of the more traditional uptown Cipriani. The differences between the Euro hangouts are also reflected in the menu. In addition to the heavier Venetian offerings of pasta and buttery meats, a section titled "Special Diet to Gain Weight Safely" offers health-conscious items. If you dare to order dessert, take caution with the crêpes à la crème—the sweet crêpes and custard in a puddle of Grand Marnier are set ablaze at your table. But chances are if you're eating here, you know from fire—dining at Downtown Cipriani usually means you've got money to burn.Cipriani Upstairs
While New York's private clubs tend to follow a downward trajectory, the Alpine-inspired bungalow atop Downtown Cipriani has alone avoided this fate. The gold-plated membership list—you need a recommendation to get on it—ensures that the cushy banquettes are filled nightly with glitterati, and make even the crowd dining on $41 steaks downstairs seem common. Upstairs, meanwhile, is the only place in modern Manhattan where you could shoot the orgy scene at the end of La Dolce Vita.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s