Mon-Sat, 11am-11:30pm; Sun, noon-11:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Seventh Ave.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
2nd St. to 17th St., Prospect Park West to Sixth Ave.
This venue is closed.
While diminutive in size, Dragon Garden, a takeout shop in Park Slope, delivers more than 160 MSG-free dishes to time-pressed locals. The workmanlike offerings span Cantonese, Hunan, and Szechuan specialties and include combination plates, steamed diet dishes, and lunch specials. The restaurant’s décor is sheerly utilitarian: fluorescent lights, backlit photos of a dozen plates, a red-tiled floor, and a pair of lonely tables with an always-on TV. Beyond the ordering counter, a frenetic assembly line of woks and cooks turns out decent renditions of roast pork egg foo yung, ginger beef, and the like. When a yen for hot and quick outweighs the yearning for haute Chinese, Dragon Garden fills a need.Lunch Specials
Priced below $5 and served daily between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m., the lunch special includes an entrée with roast-pork fried rice and a choice of soda, soup, or egg roll.Recommended Dishes
Roast pork egg foo young, $4.25; ginger beef, $8.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu