- READER REVIEWS
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Special Occasion
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Paul Newman’s collaboration with chef Michel Nischan raises awareness (for sustainable agriculture) and funds (for the adjacent Westport Country Playhouse, where Newman’s wife, Joanne Woodward, is co–artistic director). With its fieldstone fireplace, its woody décor, and the pervasive scent of baby-back ribs, the place is at once casual and sophisticated. So’s the menu, from the crunchy, harvestable “use a spoon” chopped salad ($13) to the ever-popular boutique pig platter with beans and collards ($34). Newman’s Own coffee and private-label wines are on offer, and quite good, and the outdoor patio is the perfect summer setting for sampling the regionally focused beer list.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu