Nearby Subway Stops
J, M, Z at Marcy Ave.; L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Hot Spot
- Special Occasion
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
For years, cabs full of Williamsburg-bound gastronomes were ineluctably drawn to Peter Luger's, but nowadays, there's much more South Side culinary competition. First came the artfully rehabbed Diner and Marlow and Sons, now, the elegant Dressler takes up residence, as well. The seasonal American restaurant, named for the title character of Steven Millhauser's Pulitzer-winning historical novel, is the third (and most ambitious) local venture for Colin Devlin, owner of DuMont and its casual spinoff, DuMont Burger. Devlin hired Brooklyn artisans to build Dressler's quirky iron chandeliers, light-box screens, and zinc bar, and with the larger room and budget come a bigger wine list and a more extensive, more upscale menu courtesy of DuMont chef Polo Dobkin. But to placate neighbors wary of higher prices, Devlin shrewdly offers DuMont's famous burger on the bar menu.
New York Magazine Reviews
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member