East Side Social Club
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.; E, V at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Hot Spot
- Late-Night Dining
- Family Style
- Teen Appeal
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Restaurateur Billy Gilroy (Employees Only) is attempting to go into the business with his chef son Devon, daughter Grace, brother Jim, and even an ex-wife (number two of five). This daring social experiment takes place in the old Montparnasse space in the Pod Hotel, where the premises have been transformed into a three-section, 113-seat restaurant with burgundy-upholstered booths and red carpeting. And, because nothing says “one big happy family” like old-school Italian-American cooking (given a few contemporary tweaks), Devon will be turning out dishes like linguine with clams, sea-urchin rice balls, and roasted swordfish with olives, capers, and raisins. Plus cocktails by the Employees Only crew, breakfast, and late-night service.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More