Edi & the Wolf
Mon-Fri, 5pm-midnight; Sat-Sun, 11:30am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
The inspiration for Edi & the Wolf, a new downtown spot from Seäsonal partners and Viennese expats Eduard Frauneder and Wolfgang Ban, is the traditional eastern Austrian wine tavern known as a Heuriger. Ban defines this type of establishment as “a very rustic restaurant usually connected to a winery that serves very simple dishes,” and although his new spot lacks the requisite winery, it does feature an extensive array of Central European varieties like Riesling, Rotgipfler, and Grüner Veltliner. Accompanying them are plates of classic Austrian comfort food, from pork schnitzel and pickled sardines to variously topped flatbreads baked in a pizza oven installed by the previous tenant.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages