Sun-Mon, 11:30am-11pm; Tue-Thu, 11:30am-midnight; Fri, 11:30am-1am; Sat, 11am-1am
Nearby Subway Stops
1, A, B, C, D at 59th St.-Columbus Circle; C, E at 50th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Full Bar
42nd St. to 64th St., Fifth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
As he opens, closes, and relocates his various Clinton holdings, restaurateur John Dempsey continues to treat Ninth Avenue like his own personal Monopoly board. Having moved Vynl to spiffy new premises three blocks south, he opened El Centro in its place. An offshoot of Dempsey’s popular Hell’s Kitchen, and overseen by its chef's brother, Eusebio Pareja, El Centro is dedicated to the increasingly trendy realm of Mexican street foods. Taco fans have their choice of hard- or soft-shelled varieties—plus a selection of posoles, enchiladas, chilaquiles, tamales, and empanadas.
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages
- Turns Out the Robot Apocalypse Will Begin at Fast-Food Restaurants
- A Brand-New Brooklyn Restaurant Specializes in Modern Taiwanese Food