- READER REVIEWS
This venue is closed.
In every other glossy celebrity profile, it seems that the subject always ends up at Elaine’s. What is so special about the food? is not the question to be asked. The veal chop—passable—is supposed to be the best thing on this pasta-heavy menu, which serves as the ho hum backdrop to the more exciting activity of power brokering and star spotting. The casual bistro setting is a favorite of too many notables to count. Devotees have included Michael Caine, Woody Allen and Jackie Onassis—New York recently ran a charming photo of a young Candace Bushnell flashing her panties here. Such antics justified the 2004 publication of Everyone Comes to Elaine’s, which recounts the heady days of this upper crust stomping ground and tales of its cantankerous owner, Elaine Kaufman, who still tends to guests.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu