Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Singles Scene
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
While the Elephant presents itself as a French-Thai bistro, it's not quite the brilliant fusion of two of the world's great cuisines you might expect. The food is elegant but pacified Thai, while the scene is French: dark, loud, crowded, spilling out onto the sidewalk, and usually pretty fun, in a sleazy, chaotic, Lower East Side kind of way. Unless you're the sort of diner who, say, likes attentive service, you'll probably find yourself table-hopping with a glass of Pattaya sangria in one hand and a cone of curly fries in the other, in no time.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s