Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Singles Scene
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
While the Elephant presents itself as a French-Thai bistro, it's not quite the brilliant fusion of two of the world's great cuisines you might expect. The food is elegant but pacified Thai, while the scene is French: dark, loud, crowded, spilling out onto the sidewalk, and usually pretty fun, in a sleazy, chaotic, Lower East Side kind of way. Unless you're the sort of diner who, say, likes attentive service, you'll probably find yourself table-hopping with a glass of Pattaya sangria in one hand and a cone of curly fries in the other, in no time.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu