Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
- Brunch - Weekend
- Kids' Menu
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Outdoor Dining
- Beer and Wine Only
Broadway to Diamond St., Morgan Ave. to Kent Ave.
This venue is closed.
Helmed by chef Oleg Lyaskoronskiy, a Gramercy Tavern alum, this minimalist sit-down or takeaway café serves three square meals to the neighborhood MacBook Air set. In the mornings, pensive locals people-watch at spare counters overlooking Bedford Avenue while sipping freshly pressed pear juice or noshing omelets filled with organic spinach and kielbasa, a nod to the local Polish community. For lunch, there’s a mix of made-to-order sandwiches and salads like the Mediterranean, a generous serving of organic arugula, lentils, goat cheese, and black olives, sprinkled with a light vinaigrette. Dinner entrées offer more home-style fare, with grilled salmon or sizzling flatiron steak paired with a choice of two hearty sidesóDijon-mustard spaetzle and well-seasoned ratatouille stand out. You’re welcome to linger in the dappled light of the casual back garden or order earth-conscious takeout from the counter: Most containers are biodegradable and utensils are made from recycled corn.Recommended Dishes
Cobb salad, $11.95; grilled salmon, $13.95; side of organic Dijon mustard spaetzle, $5
- Scientists ‚ÄčPretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu