Sun-Thu, 11am-11pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at 15th St.-Prospect Park
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
19th St. to 1st St., Prospect Park West to Third Ave.
Elora’s is likely to be crowded most evenings by the local happy hour Margarita Mommies with their kids in tow, snacking on nachos outside at the sidewalk tables when the weather allows. Indoor seating is jammed, with two clattering dining rooms separated by a narrow passageway next to the kitchen, and decorated with pale yellow paint and Mexican kitsch. The food is an odd amalgam of Dominican and Sonoran-style Mexican border food, heavy on the refritos, cheese and yellow rice. Dominicanized, pork carnitas may lose their crunch and mild salsa may encourage margarita refills for kicks but fans of overstuffed burritos, fajitas and chimichangas will find much to like.Note
Reservations are only accepted for parties of five or more.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu