Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 42nd St.-Port Authority Bus Terminal; 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, S at Times Sq.-42nd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
Brian Keyser of Casellula Cheese & Wine Café and his chef of two years, Megan Johnson, have opened a second restaurant just nine blocks down Ninth Avenue. Elsewhere, as it’s called, occupies the former Le Madeleine space across from Esca — the most notable aspect of which is a quaint little garden room in the back. In keeping with a commitment to local, seasonal, and sustainable food, the new owners use the back skylight to grow herbs for the shareable plates, as well as mixers for the house cocktails (there are also wines on tap and the option to “open any bottle” of wine so long as you order two glasses). Of course, there is plenty of cheese.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu