Empire Szechuan Village
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Ordering
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
Battery Pl. to 34th St., FDR Dr. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
The sunroom seating, the faded ivy-patterned carpet, and the paper lanterns won’t fool anyone into thinking they’ve stepped into Buddakan. But for those who’ve opted to dine at this favorite delivery spot, effort has been made to add visual flourishes that won’t fit into takeout cartons. Chinese-American and Japanese favorites are given separate but equal play on the menu. In the few instances where cuisines commingle—Peking-duck sushi, for instance—there’s little culture clash. Meaty rolls are fancifully plated on a rectangular dish garnished with a hoisin-drizzle duck portrait, intricate carrot butterfly, and julienne cucumber slices; wasabi adds atypical spark to rich poultry encircled with rice. Even fried entrées are elevated by a light touch: The scallops are dusted with cornstarch (forming a delicate crust) then surrounded by steamed broccoli, while a separate bowl of garlic-speckled sauce staves off any sogginess. A gingery rendition of General Tso can be ordered with a mix of knobby chicken and shrimp. That’s double happiness for the whole table.Recommended Dishes
Peking-duck roll, $11.95; crispy scallops, Szechuan style, $14.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu