- READER REVIEWS
Exchange Bar and Grill
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 23rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Exchange has all the requisite young, urban, professional bar credentials, including a boisterous crowd of suits and loads of flat screens, but its primary gimmick sets it apart: Drink prices fluctuate in 25-cent increments based on supply and demand and slide across a ticker that hangs over the bar. (So, if everyone at the bar is sipping Jack and Cokes, expect to pay a prettier penny, while prices for unpopular drinks drop.) If that kind of thing stresses you out, take solace in the wall of vintage mirrors that greets you in the long and narrow space and an intimately lit brick lounge in the back offering some calm.Note
Kitchen closes at 10 p.m. Sun.-Wed., 11 p.m. Thu.-Sat.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu