Tue-Thu, 11:30am-3pm and 5:30pm-10pm; Fri, 11:30am-3pm and 5:30pm-11pm; Sat, 5:30pm-11pm; Sun, 5:30pm-10pm; Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Morgan Ave.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Online Reservation
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
- Make a Reservation with falansai.com
Wilson Ave. to Metropolitan Ave., Troutman St. to Bushwick Ave.
- Order Delivery with trycaviar.com
In a dark, industrial corner of Bushwick, the son of a Chinese refugee has opened a Vietnamese eatery and cheekily named it after his father’s mispronunciation of “français.” As you enter, you’ll see a lightbulb hanging in a pagoda-shaped birdcage and hear loungey French music that quietly fills the sparsely decorated interior. At lunch, you can slurp up beef-noodle pho and munch on Dad's shrimp roll, which tastes like a crab cake and has a crispy tofu skin wrapping. At dinner, tender little cubes of filet mignon come to your table fresh from the wok. The proprietor's father started his new life in Vietnam shipping catfish to Saigon, but the pungent taste of the Claypot Catfish is not for everyone. Try the mackerel with olive pâté instead: The arboreal fruit nicely complements the fruit of the sea.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu