- READER REVIEWS
This venue is closed.
The Lower East Side may be increasingly knee-deep in pizzerias, but not every pizzaiolo is a champion. As it happens, Hakki Akdeniz is: He was a member of the U.S. Pizza Team 2009 and 2010, and won the dough-stretching contest one year. This is the second neighborhood location of Akdeniz's busy, eponymous shop where his accolades adorn the walls of the small space. The shop will stay open till 5 a.m. — though at that hour it's unlikely anyone will care whether their pizza-maker is famous or not.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu