- READER REVIEWS
Fast & Fresh Burrito Deli
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, G at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts.
- Outdoor Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Wyckoff St. to Fulton St., Fourth Ave. to Henry St.
At Fast and Fresh Burrito Deli, you can buy a pack of smokes or a box of candy, and get some of the best Mexican food around. With only two tables and a small counter for seating, the place doesn’t look like much, so many take orders to go—but there’s a patio out back with an ice chest full of cervezas, for lounging on a lazy afternoon. A wide variety of burritos, tacos, and tostadas fill the menu, along with weekend specialties like goat stew and chilaquiles; ham sandwiches and cheeseburgers, also available, are not as popular. The burritos are enormous and served heavy on the meat, beans, and rice, with just a dollop of pico de gallo and sour cream (ask for the hot sauce on the side). Tacos are simple, with just cilantro and onions accenting bits of meat like chorizo, perfectly crisped and not at all greasy. Mexican breakfasts are served until 11:30 a.m., and freshly made horchata and juices don’t last much longer. It’s best to go early; closing time is 7.Recommended Dishes
Burrito de carne al pastor, $6.50; chorizo taco, $2.50
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s