This venue is closed.
Fat Hippo opened its doors in the long-vacant 71 Clinton Fresh Food space. At the helm is Chris Scott (a producer-director who runs Great Scott Films), Jordan Sorman (formerly of Meet and Yucca Bar), and chef Ten Vong, who was the head toque at Meet and has been chef de cuisine at Mercer Kitchen and GuastivinoÂ’s. With banquettes and a dark wood bar, the décor is chic and minimal (somewhat like Falai across the street) but the vibe is relaxed (a bartender was pumping out Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Modest Mouse on his iPod when we stopped by).
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu