Festival Mexicano Restaurant
Nearby Subway Stops
F, J, M, Z at Delancey St.-Essex St.
- Kids' Menu
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
The closest thing to real Mexican, certainly in this neighborhood—if not in all of New York–is here at Festival Mexicano. The chicken soup, we can say with authority, is the best anywhere: bits of avocado, huge tender pieces of chicken, and a spicy broth (if you want it spicy). The tacos come three to an order with your choice of chicken, steak, lamb, chorizo, spiced pork meat, cecina (delicious dried, salt-cured steak slices), or the vegetarian, which comes with guacamole and sour cream. The chimichangas are supertasty, and the mamey, papaya, guanabana, banana, or strawberry shakes are incomparable. This is absolutely the best quality for the price in the neighborhood.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu