- READER REVIEWS
This venue is closed.
Seeing two hairnetted señoras of a certain age hard at work in the open kitchen of Fiesta Mexicana bodes well for the hearty, homestyle meal to come. So do the delicious green and red salsas that arrive in Styrofoam cups with the chips. The menu bypasses burritos for more sophisticated stuff, like shrimp enchipotlados and cochinita pibil, but the enchiladas de mole poblano prove impossible to resist once the waiter proffers a sample taste of the complex, genre-defining sauce. Flowers on each table, fabric-upholstered booths, and the lack of a liquor license enhance the family-friendly charms of this Jackson Heights sleeper.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu