Fig & Olive
Sun-Mon, 11:30am-10pm; Tue-Sat, 11:30pm-11am
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Lexington Ave.-63rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Like a ray of Provençal sunshine on a shabby stretch of Lexington Avenue, this sunken café evokes the Mediterranean with its unwavering devotion to olive oil, a featured ingredient in nearly every dish. Olives swim in it. Vegetables are marinated in it. Fresh, artfully arranged salads are dressed with it. Once you've found one you particularly like—the Cobrancosa paired with the salmon carpaccio, say, or the Arbequina that anoints the fig-and-olive salad—you can repair to the on-premise shop and buy a bottle to take home. The market-like ambience, the wicker armchairs, the Provençal rosé all conspire to create a convivial European air that attracts neighborhood suits, hospital staff, and gossiping girlfriends, all mixing much better than oil and water.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu