This venue is closed.
Wedged into a thrifty block between a haircut hut and a taco joint touting a "Fabulous Lunch" special, Fillip's sticks out like a chocolate soufflé on a Krispy Kreme conveyor belt. A Lespinasse-worthy floral arrangement, careful but casual service, and impressive entrées (truffled chicken sous vide, and rack of lamb with parsnip purée) set the refined mood. But the wine is in keeping with the penny-pinching spirit of the neighborhood: Fillip's charges cost plus $15 for every bottle on the well-chosen list, and serves them in sleek Schott Zwiesel stemware.Brunch
Sat.—Sun., 10 a.m.—4:30 p.m.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu